Friday, March 27, 2009

Rejection.... thy name is Sherry.... *sigh*



Here's the thing... I have a group project for 'Entrepreneurship 300' where we have to interview the owner of a local business to see whether he's an entrepreneur....Since I'm the project leader I'm the one doing the calling and the e-mailing. Yesterday, I've called up at least 7 businesses and they've all rejected because the owners don't accept interviews or they are not based in Perth....I've even tried this bubble tea cafe 'Utopia' in Northbridge but the owner can't speak English which isn't gonna work only two members of the group understands Mandarin. The other businesses I've tried is Roc Candy, Margaret River Chocolate, Walker's Cafe, Candy Cow, Utopia, The Cheesecake Shop, Fast Eddy's, The Bicycle Entrepreneur and Miss Maud. The good thing is I've tried Fremantle Chocolate Factory and the owner accepts interview and is available two weeks from now!!! So I'm now just waiting for the confirmation.... Still I have a contingency plan. My group mate knows someone who owns a diving company and is available for interview but the business is going bankrupt soon... Ooh.. I'm also trying to get Miss Maud but she still hasn't returned my reply yet... But dude...if I can interview Miss Maud herself, I think it's quite cool!! Still... 9 rejections for interview in one day is quite depressing... but let's not forget.... perserverance.... thy name is also Sherry...

No comments: