Monday, May 06, 2013

Reflections....

Yesterday was my first time voting in an election and I have to say.... what a disappointment it is....I'm disappointed because there was this tiny spark of hope inside me that thought maybe just maybe this would be a fair and just election. However the results show otherwise and I am truly saddened that the ruling coalition would stoop to such unscrupulous tactics to hold on to their power. Unlike some of my friends, I am not pro-opposition nor am I pro-government. All I want is whoever's in charge to provide Malaysians with more than just the essentials. I want to feel safe when I go out walking around my neighborhood... I want to see little children playing outside their houses during the evenings. I don't want to receive daily updates that tells me yet another person has been robbed  and yet another house has been broken into. It's fact that the current government has not done an adequate job ruling this country. I don't like it when they compare us to countries like Laos or Zimbabwe. I don't want Malaysia to be compared to countries that are worse off than us. I want Malaysia to be compared to Singapore or South Korea and if we cannot compare to those countries, I want the government to reflect on their lacking and try harder to do more for this country. Although I don't show it, I do love Malaysia and I want the government to always strive to do their best to ensure that Malaysia will progress to be a developed country.... Sadly I don't see the progression. I can only see how much we are regressing........ Yesterday was another proof of the regression we are experiencing... All over the Internet, I read and watched what was happening all over the country in the polling stations....Maybe I'm naive for having that spark of hope.... I've always been a cynic and I shouldn't have harbored that spark.... We may have stood up and voiced out our displeasure but has the government heard our cries? I understand change can sometimes be slowly achieved but I wonder how long will it take? Will I still be here when change finally comes? I hope I will be because it will be nice to be able to live in a place where I don't need to state my race when I fill out forms....

*These are just my thoughts and if I upset anyone with my blathering, I apologize*

No comments: